For those who purchased the PM Exam Simulator (compensated affiliate link) here’s an update on the changes made to it in anticipation to PMI’s new PMP exam which takes place on August 31st.
PMI is changing the PMP exam on August 31st. The last day that you can take the “old style” PMP Exam is on August 30th.
We will update our PM Exam Simulator (compensated affiliate link) on August 15, 2011, which is two weeks ahead of PMI. This will give you time to prepare for the new exam. Here are the detailed changes that will be implemented on August 15, 2011 on your simulator:
- Remove the Professional Responsibility Domain
- Remove 170 “old style” ethics questions from the simulator
- Add 170 “new style” ethics question to the simulator
- Exchange a number of questions from other domains to ensure that the percentages of questions in each domain follows the new PMP exam specifications
- Remove all results from exams and quizzes taken by our customers prior to August 15th.
- Add enhanced statistics
What this means for you:
- Until August 14, 2011: The PM Exam Simulator (compensated affiliate link) follows the guidelines of the “old” PMP Exam
- On August 15, 2011: The PM Exam Simulator (compensated affiliate link)will be unavailable. You cannot use it on this day.
- Starting August 16, 2011: The PM Exam Simulator (compensated affiliate link) follows the guidelines of the “new” PMP Exam
- Results from exams and quizzes taken PRIOR to August 15th will no longer be accessible.
If you are taking your PMP Exam between August 15 -30th
You can still continue to use The PM Exam Simulator (compensated affiliate link) after the August 15th update. The changes that are coming focus strongly on the ethics questions. This means, you can use the “new” simulator to prepare for the “old” exam. You will see a different style of ethics questions but the simulator remains helpful in your preparation.
If you are taking your PMP Exam on/after August 31st
Start using the PM Exam Simulator (compensated affiliate link) today. It will already help you prepare for your exam. Starting August 16th you can be confident that it now aligns with the “new” exam specifications.
We look forward to continue supporting you on your way to becoming a PMP.