Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Cesar invited Jason Evanish join him on this episode.
Jason is the CEO and founder of GetLighthouse.com which is software and a blog dedicated to helping people be awesome managers. They help managers in over 20 different countries around the world have better one on ones (1 on 1s), grow their team members, and be more thoughtful leaders every day.
In this episode, Jason teaches us…
- Why it is important to develop your team using 1 on 1s
- Pitfalls to avoid when conducting 1 on 1s
- What’s the best frequency for 1 on 1s?
- How should you approach introducing 1 on 1s to your team?
- Why it’s a good idea to have 1 on 1s with some team members that don’t directly report to you but that you work with regularly
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
- The John Cleese video: https://www.youtube.
- How to start 1 on 1s: https://getlighthouse.com/
- The power of peer 1 on 1s: https://getlighthouse.com/
- Peer 1 on 1s for product managers: https://
jasonevanish.com/2015/09/24/ product-managers-peer-one-on- ones/
- Lessons from Ed Catmull of Pixar: https://getlighthouse.
- The Lighthouse blog for managers and leaders: https://getlighthouse.com/blog
- Try Lighthouse free for 21 days at: https://getlighthouse.com/
- Jason Evanish’s Linkedin: https://www.
Click the “play” button above to listen, and leave a comment below if you’d like to join in the conversation.