We talk a lot about change management in the context of projects and getting something done. This often has to do with how to deal with the inevitable change that the client or project sponsor will request, and analyzing its impact on our budgets and timelines.
Today I’d like to invite you to think about change management in a different way.
Projects, by definition, create something new and unique, and therefore are agents of change. A project changes the world in some way.
So, how is your project changing the world around it? How is your organization affected by the project? How is the industry it belongs to being impacted by your project?
Today I have change management expert Gary McGugan to talk about just that.
This is an audio podcast episode. To listen to my conversation with Gary McGugan, press the play button above this post.
Gary McGugan is the co-founder and principal of the consulting firm NEEDS Selling Solutions, a company that helps organizations plan strategically, grow their businesses, hone their negotiation skills, improve customer service, and nurture healthy company cultures.
Gary has more than 30 years of experience building new businesses on three continents in the financial services, automotive, and motorsports industries, working with companies such as GE Capital, Deutsche Bank, Suzuki Motor Company, and others.
Gary is also the co-author of the book NEEDS Selling Solutions, a published collection of practical advice to help sales professionals identify opportunities, qualify prospects, and sell more effectively.
Must Read Project Management Articles
On this episode I bring back our friend Dave Gordon, from the Practicing IT Project Manager blog.
Dave shares with us his curated list of the “must read” articles related to project management that have been published in the last week or so.
If you don’t have time to read the entire internet, check out his list for this week by listening to this episode.
Get Project Management for You for Free In Audio Format
You can still get my book Project Management for You in audio format for free when you buy it on Amazon Kindle.
I’m not sure how long until I end this promotion, so take advantage of it right now.
To do so, visit click this link and follow the simple instructions.
Project Management for You continues to be one of the top sellers under the Business/Project Management on Amazon. If you have already purchased it, thank you so much!
CareerAcademy’s Unbelievable Offer
Today’s episode is sponsored by CareerAcademy and their fantastic offer to our PM for the Masses community. This offer is called the Certified Learner Membership through CareerAcademy.
$29 Annual Membership Fee. With membership, members get:
- FREE Unlimited Access to 1,100+ IT, Cyber Security, Project Management, and Business Skill video courses (Hundreds of hours in training!)
- This includes over 600 Project Management Courses including training for PMP, PMI-ACP, CAPM, and PMI-RMP
- The ability to earn up to 257 PDUs / Contact Hours (PMI REP recognized: Rep # 4058)
- On-demand training, may be accessed at any time, 24/7
- Over 10,000 review questions to assess the member’s understanding of their respective training
- Certificates of Completion provided for proof of successful completion of course issued from both Career Academy and American Business and Technology University
- Immediate access to courses that are newly released or updated
- Full mobile access for training on the go!
- Priority customer support
- These benefits are available to members at no additional cost
Includes the Following Project Management Training:
- Introduction to Project Management (PM101): 21 PDUs
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Exam Prep: 21 PDUs
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Prep: 21 PDUs
- Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP)® Exam Prep: 21 PDUs
- Risk Management Professional (RMP)® Exam Prep: 14 PDUs
- Quality Management (PQM01): 7 PDUs
- Risk Management Professional (RMP) Exam Prep: 14 PDUs
- SCRUM Immersion: 14 PDUs
- Quality Management: 7 PDUs
- Scope & Requirements Management: 21 PDUs
- Schedule & Cost Control: 14 PDUs
- Executive Strategy Management: 14 PDUs
- PRINCE2® Foundation: 21 PDUs
- PRINCE2® Practitioner: 38 PDUs
- ITIL® Foundation: 18 PDUs
- Managing Project Teams: 4 PDUs
- Strategic Planning Skills: 4 PDUs
- Project Management Skills for Non- Project Managers