In this episode I speak with Kevin Torf, an information systems executive and author of the book Getting the Job Done: Practical Advice and Real-World Anecdotes to Manage Successful P.R.O.J.E.C.T.S. This is an open and frank conversation about project management and leadership, as well as tidbits of his pithy and practical book.
Kevin Torf is an information-systems executive with a career spanning more than 40 years. He specializes in large-scale IT strategic plans, project design, procurement and implementation. He is the co-founder and managing partner of T2 Group and the developer of the company’s hybrid-Agile methodology.
Over his career, Kevin has orchestrated the design and implementation of numerous complex IT infrastructure deployments across the globe, including some of the world’s largest communication network systems. He is a strong advocate of professional development.
Listen to this episode to see Kevin’s take on these questions:
- What are some of the key factors to consider when putting a team together for a project?
- How can project managers be better at budgeting time and resources to meet deadlines?
- Why is specific language an essential part of establishing metrics?
- What are some ways project managers can empower their teams and benefit from employees’ diverse experience?
- How can project managers create a positive culture within their organization?
- Kevin speaks to the value of collaboration and consensus. How do we know when it’s time to end the debate and settle on a compromise?
Links mentioned in this episode
- Book: Getting the Job Done: Practical Advice and Real-World Anecdotes to Manage Successful P.R.O.J.E.C.T.S.
- Kevin on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevintorf/
- T2 Group: https://t2group.us/
Discount code for Magic Mind: MASSES20
Discount code for 20% off: MASSES20
I’ve recently been enjoying more focus and being more productive without increased anxiety and hurry, all due to Magic Mind.
Magic Mind is the world’s first productivity drink. It is NOT an energy drink.
After 10 to 30 minutes of taking this little 2-ounce drink, I start getting into the flow zone and stop thinking about procrastination. It’s incredible how it helps me to just calmly start getting things done.
I really recommend you give it a try.
To get a 20% discount, visit Magic Mind and enter the promo code
MASSES20 at checkout..