This series will run every day, for 4 weeks. Get ready for a ton of great conversations around Project Management principles, ideas, tools, and techniques.
Today I bring the absolutely clear take on Project Management by my friend Carl Pritchard.
We will cover:
- How would you define Project Management to the lay person?
- What is the least people need to know about Project Management to start on the path of getting things done?
- What are the stages of bringing an idea to reality?
- If you could recommend one technique from the PM world to the masses, what would it be and where can we learn it?
- Managing projects often means working with other people. What’s the best way to know when and what to delegate, and to compel people to collaborate on a project?
- What are some tips for those who want to learn and use project management to get things done?
Carl is the principal and founder of Pritchard Management Associates.
As a lecturer he is considered a leading authority on risk and communications management and presents on a variety of management topics. He has published articles on project management language, advances in risk management, and on the challenges of training on the Internet.
Carl’s work as an instructor has taken him around the world, training with some of the leading international training organizations, as well as for private clients.
Carl is also well known for having written the Risk Management chapter of the Project Management Body Of Knowledge, 4th Edition.
Join in and Back the Project Management for You Book
As this podcast series “airs,” I am also running a Kickstarter campaign to help me write and publish my first book, Project Management for You.
To visit the campaign, click here.
If you believe my podcasts have brought you value, I would like to ask you to consider being a backer of this campaign.
As with every Kickstarter campaign, if the goal fund is not met, then no fund is released… It’s all or nothing!
I have put a lot of effort into this project, and I would love for you to participate as a backer.
Thanks in advance!