This series will run every weekday, for 4 weeks. Get ready for a ton of great conversations around Project Management principles, ideas, tools, and techniques.
Today I bring my friend and project management trainer Cornelius Fichtner on to the show. Cornelius has been helping students with their PMP Exam Prep for over ten years but today we want to get his take on Project Management as a discipline.
We will cover:
- How would you define Project Management to the lay person?
- What is the least people need to know about Project Management to start on the path of getting things done?
- What are the stages of bringing an idea to reality?
- If you could recommend one technique from the PM world to the masses, what would it be and where can we learn it?
- Managing projects often means working with other people. What’s the best way to know when and what to delegate, and to compel people to collaborate on a project?
- What are some tips for those who want to learn and use project management to get things done?
Cornelius Fichtner has been working as a Project Manager in his native Switzerland, in Germany and in the USA for the last 18 years and received his PMP credential in April 2004.
He has led projects for a financial services provider, a management consulting company, a national retailer and an internet startup company.
Currently, Cornelius helps project managers to stay on top of the industry with his free Project Management Podcast and helps them pass the PMP Exam with The PM PrepCast. His passions are project management methodologies and PMOs.
Cornelius is the 2007 Chair of the Project Management Institute Orange County Chapter. He currently lives in Silverado, California, USA with his wife and their four computers.
Join in and Back the Project Management for You Book
To visit the campaign, click here.
If you believe my podcasts have brought you value, I would like to ask you to consider being a backer of this campaign.
As with every Kickstarter campaign, if the goal fund is not met, then no fund is released… It’s all or nothing!
I have put a lot of effort into this project, and I would love for you to participate as a backer.
Thanks in advance!