Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome to the ninth episode of the Project Management for You series!
This series will run every weekday, for 4 weeks. Get ready for a ton of great conversations around Project Management principles, ideas, tools, and techniques.
Today I bring the fantastic Stephen Carver on to the show to get his take on Project Management.
We will cover:
- How would you define Project Management to the lay person?
- What is the least people need to know about Project Management to start on the path of getting things done?
- What are the stages of bringing an idea to reality?
- If you could recommend one technique from the PM world to the masses, what would it be and where can we learn it
- Managing projects often means working with other people. What’s the best way to know when and what to delegate, and to compel people to collaborate on a project?
- What are some tips for those who want to learn and use project management to get things done?
Rated consistently as one of the top lecturers at Cranfield University School of Management, Stephen has a unique ability to enthuse others and create “buzz” around the traditionally “dull” subjects of Project & Programme Management – an inspirationalist, mentor and practitioner.
Stephen has worked on projects in the oil business before moving on to work at Virgin before working directly for a global CEO as head of Project & Programme Management Strategy.
He has experience of Project and Programme Management in almost all business sectors from banks to oil and from construction to law firms. He has lectured and consulted globally and is highly experienced in presenting ideas in a way that bridges different cultural and organisational differences. He is an Honorary Fellow of The Institute of Risk Management and an Honorary Fellow of the Association of Project Management.
Join in and Back the Project Management for You Book
As this podcast series “airs,” I am also running a Kickstarter campaign to help me write and publish my first book, Project Management for You.
To visit the campaign, click here.
If you believe my podcasts have brought you value, I would like to ask you to consider being a backer of this campaign.
As with every Kickstarter campaign, if the goal fund is not met, then no fund is released… It’s all or nothing!
I have put a lot of effort into this project, and I would love for you to participate as a backer.
Thanks in advance!