Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome to the tenth episode of the Project Management for You series!
This series will run every weekday, for 4 weeks. Get ready for a ton of great conversations around Project Management principles, ideas, tools, and techniques.
Today I bring the sensible Mark Phillipy on to the show to get his take on Project Management.
We will cover:
- How would you define Project Management to the lay person?
- What is the least people need to know about Project Management to start on the path of getting things done?
- What are the stages of bringing an idea to reality?
- If you could recommend one technique from the PM world to the masses, what would it be and where can we learn it
- Managing projects often means working with other people. What’s the best way to know when and what to delegate, and to compel people to collaborate on a project?
- What are some tips for those who want to learn and use project management to get things done?
Mark has been a project manager for 15 years and was recently elected as the VP of programs in his local PMI Chapter. He became a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) in 2001. His project management experience has focused on the IT industry including all aspects of software development and implementation using both traditional and Agile project management frameworks.
He blogs as The Sensible Project Manager and is the host of two podcasts about project management: The “Sensible Project Manager Podcast” and the “SensiblePM 101 Podcast”. He also leads the Sensible Project Manager Hangout Community on Google+ and hosts a weekly #PMHangout discussing various PM topics.
Join in and Back the Project Management for You Book
As this podcast series “airs,” I am also running a Kickstarter campaign to help me write and publish my first book, Project Management for You.
To visit the campaign, click here.
If you believe my podcasts have brought you value, I would like to ask you to consider being a backer of this campaign.
As with every Kickstarter campaign, if the goal fund is not met, then no fund is released… It’s all or nothing!
I have put a lot of effort into this project, and I would love for you to participate as a backer.
Thanks in advance!