Hello everyone and welcome to episode 35 of the PM for the Masses Podcast!
Today I bring you some of the message I shared last Friday at the PMI Southwestern Ontario Chapter symposium, on using the internet to help build your image, reputation, and career. I also bring you some of my thoughts after this awesome event.
On today show I will reveal:
- How to shape what the Internet has to say about you as a professional
- The reason why the web may not be working for you as you search for work or opportunities
- My own definition for “Internet”
- The need for you to choose a niche to be an expert in
- The 4 levels of the relationship between you and the Internet
- My strategies to make the web work for you
- Ideas for curating, creating, and engaging with online content
- Some resources to get started taking charge of what the Internet has to say about you
Being intentional online has done amazing things for my career. I hope with today’s episode that I’m able to inspire you to do something similar.
Press the “play” button on top of this post to listen to today’s episode.
And don’t forget to leave me a comment below!
- PM for the Masses Episode on Presentations with Nancy Duarte
- PM for the Masses Episode with Carl Pritchard
- Personal CRM tool I use: Highrise
- Book: Platform, by Michael Hyatt
- Webinar (free): Start your Project Management blog the right way