Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome to the seventeenth episode of the Project Management for You series!
This series will run every weekday, for 4 weeks. Get ready for a ton of great conversations around Project Management principles, ideas, tools, and techniques.
Today I bring project management expert Ron Rosenhead on to the show to get his take on Project Management.
We will cover:
- How would you define Project Management to the lay person?
- What is the least people need to know about Project Management to start on the path of getting things done?
- What are the stages of bringing an idea to reality?
- If you could recommend one technique from the PM world to the masses, what would it be and where can we learn it
- Managing projects often means working with other people. What’s the best way to know when and what to delegate, and to compel people to collaborate on a project?
- What are some tips for those who want to learn and use project management to get things done?
Ron Rosenhead specialises in Project Management including identifying project management needs, delivering projects effectively, project sponsorship, and a very wide range of training and development approaches that will aid the prospective project manager and project staff. He has worked throughout the UK and internationally working with a wide range of project management professionals and has personally trained over 10,000 people on various project management courses.
He started his career in sales and moved in to research before establishing himself as a Trainer and Consultant. He has worked extensively with professionals across all companies and this includes the design and delivery of changes management programmes as well as management development programmes for groups of prospective leaders. He moved into project management quite by chance some 20 years ago and has not looked back since. His interest is in ensuring that companies have the right capacity (numbers) and right capability (skills) in place to deliver the real changes they inevitably will need to move their company agenda forward. His experience covers most industrial sectors.
Ron also, writes and designs learning materials, writes a regular blog and is an author of Strategies for Project Sponsorship published in 2013 and Deliver That Project, an e-book. He also speaks at conferences – all on project management topics.
Ron holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management from Middlesex business School and a degree from Sheffield Hallam University (Public Administration with Industrial Psychology. He is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, Professional Speaking Association and a Fellow of the Royal Society.
To listen to my conversation with Ron Rosenhead, click the “play” button on top of this post.
Join in and Back the Project Management for You Book
As this podcast series “airs,” I am also running a Kickstarter campaign to help me write and publish my first book, Project Management for You.
To visit the campaign, click here.
If you believe my podcasts have brought you value, I would like to ask you to consider being a backer of this campaign.
As with every Kickstarter campaign, if the goal fund is not met, then no fund is released… It’s all or nothing!
I have put a lot of effort into this project, and I would love for you to participate as a backer.
Thanks in advance!
- Book: Strategies for Project Sponsorship
- Website: www.projectagency.com
- Word document: Delegation Tips by Ron Rosenhead